Zemanek & Mills holds an A-V rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, the highest rating for both legal skills and ethical standards.
The firm prides itself on being legal and business counselors in the fullest sense. Personal attention from the two members is foremost.
The firm strategizes with its clients to determine the clients' goals and legal budget and to devise the best method of achieving those goals.
- The firm recently established an important precedent in the area of insurance guaranty association liability, representing the prevailing party in CD Investment v. California Insurance Guarantee Association, 84 Cal.App.4th 1410, 101 Cal.Rptr.2d 806 (2000).
- On behalf of a major home builder which had been subjected to numerous judgments for groundwater damage, they pursued litigation against the developer of the lots and the builder's own insurer, resulting in a multi-million dollar settlement package.
- After a month-long jury trial, Zemanek & Mills recovered and collected a judgment exceeding one million dollars for engineering defects in an apartment development project.
- The firm’s attorneys negotiated an early and favorable settlement of a complex lawsuit between partners in a hotel venture.
- The firm successfully negotiated a series of loan workouts for a shopping center developer with a number of lenders and redevelopment agencies.
- On behalf of the trust department of a major bank, they quickly and successfully negotiated settlements of lawsuits for several single-asset trusts (shopping centers and other retail) which lawsuits had threatened to exhaust the assets and income of the trusts.
11845 W. Olympic Boulevard, Suite 625
Los Angeles, California 90064
Tel: (310) 473-8100
Fax: (310) 445-3166